Breastfeeding:
Time really flies and wait for no man. I still remember what happen on the 31st December 2007. My sister's old breast pump failed on me as well. =p I wonder if it is coincident or it is just my fault some where. I had a big fight with hubby last year on this day. I was really frustrated that my pump is not working, it was coming 12midnight and i am feeling so engorged and the pain just make me blew my top. And when he didn't really express his concern to me, that triggered my automated bomb. I think he would never understand the pain and the difficulties i encountered during my breastfeeding days. (Even after so long now, he still don't understand)
1 year later, today, I am hand expressing my milk because my pump failed on me too but this time is different. I have decided to stop breast feeding. 16 months of exclusively expressing milk for Ryann is a journey i am very proud about. I was expecting myself to stop after 6 months.But i never regretted having breast fed Ryann even after so many times of suffering from mastitis with high fever, crack nipples and pain.
In 2009, i bid goodbye to mastitis, crack nipples and pain.
Work and Family:
2008 have been a trying year for me. Being a FTWM, coping with family and work is really not easy. With my new designation at work, it became even harder for me to handle both at the same time. Lucky hubby does house work for me.
As i was exclusively pumping milk for Ryann, during family days, we cannot afford to go out for too long as i need to go back to pump milk. Alot of our plans were affected because i need to go home to express milk. I know sometimes it can be such a spoilsport that we cant go to places hubby wanted to go because of this reason.
In 2008, we lost some love ones. I lost a friend, James. We lost our loved one, our granny.
In 2009, I want to plan outings for our family to many places which we couldn't go due to time constrain. Treasure my loved ones and love them like it is going to be the last day on earth.
Health
Due to breastfeeding, i lost quite a lot of weight after pregnancy but it seems that the weight will be coming back soon if i don't start going back to my full exercise routine. Used to exercise 4 times a week before pregnancy but now barely 2 times a week. Usually need to rush back home to fetch Ryann. Sometimes due to work, i hardly got time to even take my lunch break. Which of course is unhealthy. With an additional branch at thomson plaza under my care in 2009, i bet it is going to be worse. But i really must do something. Just by thinking of starting exercise doesn't get me anywhere near to my target.
In 2009, I will plan to exercise at least 2 times a week and slowly increase to 3 times. I will start teaching aerobics back again so that i get paid while exercising. Isn't that a great way to motivate me to lose some weight? =p
Ryann's development
From a tiny weeny little baby (Alright.. not very tiny i know, Ryann is a whooping 3.55kg baby.) to a toddler who like to walk or run on his own without holding our hands. From a little baby who will just quietly look into my eyes when i hug him in my arms to a toddler who refuse to stay still.
Ryann's milestone was also a wonderful journey for both of us. From how to bath him, how to change his diapers, how to tell what Ryann wants through his cries, how to intro him to solid food, how to wean him off his pacifier and many more which is too long to mention.
In 2008, Ryann fell sick for a couple of times, mostly due to his allergies thus it will always affect his nose and throat. Hopefully things will get better in 2009.
This photo was taken in dec 2007.

And this in Dec 2008. Great difference isn't it?

Naughty Ryann trying to bite daddy's hand because his gums are real itch.
I haven really done much over these 15 months and thus in 2009, I am hoping to be able to teach more things to Ryann, read, sing and expose him to as many things as possible. Hopefully this will help with his speech.
2008 is over and time to welcome 2009.
Happy New Year!
4 comments:
Ryann more handsome and charming now!!! with his smile, can "dian ren" lor.
My missy will be officially off breastmilk as of tmr.
Hey, so you confirm going over Thomson Plaza? Let me know when! =p
Phoebe,
Good leh.. u gg to thomson plaza.. I still hv not started my exercise.. haha..
I thinking of gg to thomson too..
See you there....
Post a Comment