Wednesday, 28 January 2009

28th Jan Goodbye Shin

This is a last minute blog post although i still have a couple of posting which was left as draft post because i didn't have time to finish blogging those.

I have just got to know Shin left us yesterday afternoon peacefully in her sleep. She have fought hard and strong. Her strength and determination amazed me each and every time i read her blog. I have been following her blog for quite some time already. Together with Molly's blog and Fleur's blog.

Shin is a proud mother of 2 beautiful kids, Toby and Josie. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec 2005. Through her journey of fighting the cancer, she found more tumors in other organs. Despite all these, she still fought her own way. She never give up on any chance to improve the quality of her life with her husband Tony and her dearest children.

In her blog, she shared many of her heartfelt feelings about facing death and how she live her life with cancer. Most importantly, she shared her amazing love she had for her family. She wrote letters for Josie and Toby so that Tony can passed it to them when they reached a certain age. She already brought their birthday gifts ahead. She had videos recorded so that Tony can show Josie and Toby when they start college. I really wonder how much courage she need to be able to do that.

She is very good at writing and ever since the birth of Josie, she started writing a diary about bits and pieces of her life so that one day when she is gone forever, Josie and Toby will know more about their mother.

Her blog never fail to give the motivation and encouragement every time i had a bad day. As compared to what she have been suffering from physically and mentally, all my little unhappiness seems so small and uncalled for.

Her amazing fighting spirit and determination will stay forever. I am sure Tony, Josie and Toby will be so proud of her. She have fought a long journey and she didn't lose the battle as her fighting spirit is already imprinted in many of our hearts. And i believe this will continue on forever.

3 comments:

peapod said...

I gotto know of Shin's blog from your site. And have been looking at it once in a while. While I greatly admire her courage and strength of mind, I can't help but feel sad every time, especially for her children and husband. Anyway, thanks for the link :)

I wouldn't have known of such a brave and beautiful lady otherwise.

~ Peapod from SMO forum

Shin said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts about Shin, and thanks for the news links you left on Shin's blog.

Tony, Shin's husband

Phoebe Low said...

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your remarks.

That is just so little of what i can do for Shin and your family. As compared to what Shin have taught me, those were nothing.

Please take good care of yourself.