Thursday, 22 October 2009

21st Oct Thoughts of the week

Today we had our monthly staff birthday celebration and as usual Jasmine (COO and founder of Amore Fitness) shared with us some thoughts, which I felt like a new revelation in my heart.

It’s about forgiveness.
How easy said then done? How many of us can really forgive and forget? There was a saying:"You will only receive happiness when happenings happen to happen the way you want it to happen." Then what about happenings that do not happen the way you want it to happen? If it involves human relationship, many times we will get angry or hold grudges against that person.

Example: Your husband is snoring very loudly and disturbing your sleep. You toss around the bed for hours but you just cant get to sleep because he is just too loud. At this situation, look at your husband, he is sleeping soundly and enjoying his rest. But whom is the one suffering?

I came to realize that when u get angry with someone or when you cant forgive someone, you actually put yourself into the bondage. They might not even know or worse still, they might not care if you are angry or not. So who is at the losing end? But again it takes more energy, effort, courage and strength to forgive then to strive for peace and harmony.

As what was shared during CG, you set others free to set yourself free.

This is extremely helpful to me as I was recently challenged with some office politics, which I really hate most. It is painful as it came unexpectedly from some one whom I trusted. This incident at work got me really angry and I was badly affected. God is good all the time as he used 3 different situations to remind me about this theory so as to set myself free. This was also one revelation I received from the TVB serial drama.

Today, seeing that person again during meeting, I felt no pain, no hard feelings and no anger as I have truly set myself free.
Hope this little revelation of mine can help to set more people free.

P/S: Ryann is showing his terrible twos signs... when i scolded him for not taking off his shoes at home before playing, he crossed his arms and even turn his face away from me with sound effect "hmp" some more....

0 comments: