Teaching the right values and manners is not an easy chore. It takes patience, lots of love and a forgiving heart. Ryann love to challenge and test my patience. At times I will even bring out the cane to discipline him and there were times when he even lift up his hands for me to cane him. Little Ah beng truly live up his name. At times when we said: “打你“”, he will do the action and say: “打 “.
Rhys who is 1 year older then Ryann is also getting more mischievous then before. Very smart boy actually. Whenever my bro-in-law or my sister scolds him, he will run to my mum for protection. Well, that is certainly not healthy, as my mum will always protect him. This some times will get my sister and bro-in-law unhappy.
There was once I brought him some books and I ask Rhys what should he say to me. Rhys just refuses to thank me for the books. So I jokingly told him that I will give the books to Ryann instead and that got him real mad but still refusing to say thank you. Seeing my bro-in-law trying to tell him to be courteous, I fade away so that I don’t interfere with his teachings. Of course Rhys started crying and whining. Naturally, my mum came to his rescue and that got my bro-in-law real mad. He immediately wanted to go home. Knowingly that my bro-in-law isn’t happy already, I told my mother that manners have to be taught. If you keep protecting him, he will not learn and will assume this kind of attitude is correct. Being grandmother’s gem, naturally protected by her, what could we say?
Today again, I came back from work and Rhys didn’t greet me at door. So I tried to hold his hands and disturb him with intention to play with him. But not only did he refuse, he swept off my hands and still insisted on ignoring me. I thought that was really rude. Usually I don’t discipline him that much unless necessary when my sister is not around. But this time I got to tell him that it is not right to do so. So I stomp out to the living room after he ran out and I ask him why he is behaving like that. He refuses to maintain eye contact with me. Worse still, he rolled his eyes on me. ARGH! I threaten to tell teacher Maggie (his school principle) then he managed to tame down a little bit by telling me he don’t want me to complain to her.
It is like the preludes of what Ryann is going to be next year as Ryann isn’t that tame either. Very often Ryann will snatch toys with Rhys too. Hopefully not, I prayed. Daddy God will give me the wisdom and patience I need to be a mother and Daddy God will teach Ryann to be a great child of God.
Thursday, 1 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
0 comments:
Post a Comment