At mum's place, Ryann was playing with his stacking toys when i started teaching him colors using the stacking toy. He managed to stack all 5 together but he wasn't pretty sure about the colors. He manged to stack them due to memory i guess. After each successful try, we will clap his hands to praise him and he will join us clapping happily. The last try, by the time he finished with the 4th piece he already started clapping thinking he had finished.
Today I tried to introduce the Goldilocks and the 3 bears gigantic book. Initially, he sat down on my lap and listen attentively. Maybe because the story do not have lots of action and he was hungry for milk, he only manage to sat through for 70% of the book. That is still a good start. I continue reading the book even though he wasn't really listening.
Then I took out the color book. Few days ago, I was showing him the color 'Orange'. I pointed to him the orange truck, the orange carrot and the orange pumpkin. I repeated a few times and I started asking him which one is the orange truck? Instead of him pointing himself, he took my hand to point at the orange truck! This cheeky boy. Today when i tried to ask him which one is orange truck, he ignore me already.
Last i took out the numbers book. I have taught him 'balls' previously. Thus, I show the 'page' to him one more time, closed the book and i asked him to show me where are the balls. He manage to flip to the right page and started clapping. lolx. Reason being: Whenever he got the right answer, i will clap and encourage him for doing a good job. After doing a couple of times, I taught him umbrella. But he wasn't really interested in umbrella. He flipped to the page of 'cats' instead. After teaching him about cats, he manage to flip to the right page when asked. Same thing, he flipped to that page and started clapping. So cute.
I realized a few points.
1) We shouldn't force our baby to learn something when he show no interest at all.
2) Ryann must be praised for doing a good job or being a good boy this will encourage him to learn more.
3) Patience and repetitive exposure is important.
I hope i can have the patience and time to expose him with more things.
p/s: It is getting harder to make Ryann sleep. He will always walk out of the room to find us outside. Haiz..
Recently, Ryann cries during sleep. Think must be teething. His 2 front teeth are not out yet but the ones at the side came out first. Have to monitor this abnormal growth.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
0 comments:
Post a Comment