Today we went to see Dr Tan for the review. We have got a clearance letter so that Ryann can start his class tomorrow. I am so excited for Ryann. I wonder if he will behave himself in class. Feeling so nervous. To be frank with you, I am not sure what to bring for the playgroup class. I have prepared some biscuits, baby wipes, extra clothes, diapers, water bottle and hankies.
Ryann amazed me today. He knows how to recognise the alphabets already. Not all but almost. When he is playing with the vtech alphabet town, not only he is able to spell the words, when it says 'Park' he will press the letter P, when it says 'Library', he will press L,' or when it reads out the alphabet, he is able to press the right one. When the siren of the ambulance sound, he will press 'A'. Sound of the horn, he will press 'V' for van. and many more. I am very amazed at the speed he is learning. Babies are really like a sponge, absorbing it so quickly.
I also realized that he knows what is helicopter. I only flashed the helicopter flashcard less then 5 times and not consecutively days. It is just so amazing and i am so proud of Ryann. Although most children are already able to speak quite well or recognised those things long ago but it is really an accomplishment for Ryann as he never really showed us until recently. I hope next i will start to see the progress in terms of his speech.
I am not too sure if he understands the phonics taught in GUG as it is still alittle too early to tell but I am only a little worried that he might get confused with the phonics and the alpha, since he recogized by the alpha now. Another thing is, he recognized capital letters. Maybe i should slowly introduce small letters too. Not sure if it is going to be too confusing but i am not going to rush things. I am happy that God had blessed him.
Thursday, 2 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
4 comments:
Clap Clap for Ryann's new achievements! well done!!
Great job! =)
Jordan is still not showing much interest in learning leh ... not even knob puzzles, flashcards or reading!!! Sigh ...
Blue, dun worry. Remember i was telling you Ryann show zero interest as well. but it just happen like tat. So most likely they are absorbing but they dun wan to show only. Just keep input to him. I am sure he can do it.
thanks Sam. =p but i wish ryann can speak like ur darling... so sweet lor...
Post a Comment