I was 'blanking' on the blog page for a good 5 minutes not knowing what to write about today. I am lost and I don't know how to describe my day. It was filled with struggles, cries, tiring arms, anger and tiredness.
Began the day with Ryann refusing to come down from his stroller after breakfast. For weeks he has been behaving like that, refusing to come down from the stroller and cries the moment I unbuckle the seat belt. I still don't understand why. With him not speaking yet, worsen the situation. I allowed him to cry for a while, ignored him for a good 5 minutes. Despite his cries, I insisted and carried him out of the stroller and kept it. Of course that triggered more cries and tantrums. I continue to ignore him until he walk over to me and tried to hug me. I don't think any mummy can resist that. Painful to see him cry but discipline is a must too.
Crying episodes didn't stop just there. When I tried to bring him into his new class today, he almost broke into tears too. Luckily he seems to recognize Teacher Russell and Teacher Wei. During the playtime, he was more settled down. He helped to keep the toys without being asked by me. Thinking it was a good start but I was wrong. It was just the beginning. He became very restless in class, fidgeting every time, refused to sit still and was not attentive at all.
Queeny quail caught his attention but not when the teachers tried to introduce the words queen and quiet. During his favourite flash cards segment, he went all the way to the front for a better view and was trying to take the cards from teacher Wei as usually in babes class, they will be asked to match the cards after the flashing segment. But there was a new segment for the tots class teaching 3 letter words using Zoophonics method. Ryann wasn't attentive and he didn't want to do matching with the small cards as well. Needless to say about how he behaved during the last segment of the class when they introduced the masking tape (sticky), pebbles (hard), cotton wool (soft) and bubble wrap with lotion (bumpy and slippery).
After class, we meet hubby at orchard and proceed to woodlands for war number 3. Ryann cried the moment we went into the house. Only managed to calm down after a while. It was my first attempt of eating out without cooking porridge for him. Rice with winter melon soup, fish ball, veggies and fish. Slow but he managed to finish them all.
After that was all struggles and cries which I think it could be due to his tiredness. He cries at the slightest things and just refused calm down. All these ended with a crying baby and frustrated daddy and mummy.
I thought mother instinct would teach me how? Why isn't it working for me now?
Sunday, 26 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
1 comments:
phoebe, i felt ryann did quite well for a "1st timer" in the tots class. he warmed up pretty fast and was sitting well on ur lap on several occasion. i guess smtimes it cant be help as older kids are moving around as well. seems alot more difficult to 'control' kids of this age range. maegan is getting more mobile and daring in the class.
Post a Comment