Saturday, 15 August 2009

12th Aug Ryann's PD visit for MMR

Visited Dr Tan for Ryann's MMR jab and had a real bad experience.

She did Ryann 23 month assessment and asked me about Ryann's speech. I told her that Ryann knows how to say duck,No and several numbers and alphabet but just not calling us as usual. And she went on and say it is quite slow for Ryann already and she is worried about autism.

I posted a few questions like Ryann recognize us when ask which one is mummy or daddy etc, and he knows the numbers and alpha well, how can he autistic? She said some autistic kids are very good with numbers too. I said at times Ryann will see his mood for his response and eye contact and Dr Tan replied and said:" cannot see mood one." BUT WHICH CHILD DOESN’T DO THINGS ACCORDANCE TO THEIR MOOD? I don't understand at all. Kids being kids decide by feelings, isn't it?

Then before I post more questions, she tell me she cant talk to me anymore cos she got hospital appointment later so I left the room feeling really bad and unhappy. Outside the counter, I ask the nurse to check with Dr Tan about Ryann's singulair intake cos she didn’t review for Ryann. Without even checking on Ryann's lungs and stuff, she asked to continue one more month of singulair. Singulair cost $3 per dose and Ryann need to take another 1 more month.

Just last month when she did the 22-month review, she praised Ryann for knowing the alpha well as usually it only start at age 3. She said Ryann had eye contact with her the other time too. Today, what a different story. Last month she mentioned to me that she suspect of asthmatic case for Ryann too. I reject all that in Jesus's name.

I am really getting more and more uncomfortable with Dr Tan. No doubt she is good but I guess with more people visiting her ( her clinic is jam pack every day) , her service fall short as compared to before.

Maybe, I should really visit Dr Oh since she is also from NCC. At least for sure i know God's grace are showing abundantly there. Pray to God that He will provide me with all i need since the clinic is so far away. With no car and transport, thats really quite difficult. But nothing is too difficult for God.

3 comments:

jenfaith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenfaith said...

Yah, just visit Dr Oh and see if you are comfortable with her. So far those I recommended are all thumbs up for her. =)

Edison's Mum said...

Yup, Edison is seeing Dr Oh too... She and her nurse are great!