Tuesday, 4 August 2009

3rd Aug New words from Ryann

1) Yesterday during dinner time,

Ryann was drinking water from his water bottle.
Hubby: "call 'pa pa' "
Ryann stop drinking from the straw: "Pa Pa" (then continue drinking)
Hubby: "Huh, you say again.. Call 'Pa Pa' "
Ryann stop drinking again: "Pa Pa"
Hubby: "wah, you call me ah? Call pa pa again."
Ryann ignore him......

This taught us, tricks could only work for maximum twice.
I tried using same trick to ask him to call ma ma but he also ignored me. hahaha.

2) Today at mum's place during dinner time.

I was carrying Ryann and singing wheels on the bus.

Me:" The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round,
The wheels on the bus go round and round" (Pauses)
Ryann: "Oooo" (pauses)( actually he meant All )
Me: Through the
Ryann: "Ter" (ter as in 'tear the paper') (actually he meant town)

I couldn't believe my ears he is singing so I tried again.

Me: "The people on the bus go up and down, up and down, up and down.
The people on the bus go up and down"
Ryann: "Oooo" (pauses) (actually he meant All )
Me: Through the
Ryann: "Ter" ( actually he mean town)

Ryann response to songs like Barney's I love you too. He will go hug every one when I sing this song.

3) He wanted me to carry him and raises his arms towards me.

Me: "What do you want? Can you tell me? "
Ryann: " Mmmmm "
Me: " you got to tell me what you want, Ryann. Mummy dunno what you want. You want mummy to carry you is it? Then you say 'bao bao' (carry in mandarin)
Ryann: "Bao Bao"
I was so happy I immediately carried him to hug him tight.

5 comments:

jenfaith said...

Wow, cool! You must be very happy!

I'm still waiting for Jordan to speak more new words. It's getting a little worrying that his speech progress has been stagnant for the longest of time with no new word at all! Should I bring him to a speech specialist if he still can't say any new words after 2 years old huh?

Phoebe Low said...

Hi Blue, I think no need to worry so much. Cos at first i also quite worried but my PD say since he is responding well to instructions and actions means he understands. Then should be fine. Just wait and review.

Maybe if you are really worried then check with your PD again. My gf told me her hubby only started talking at the age of 3 now super talkative also.

God of Peace be with you and dun be afraid, just believe.

Edison's Mum said...

On item (1), Edison also the same - he only repeat once.. if we keep asking, he will ignore us... he cannot tahan long-winded people.. haha!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Ryann!!!

Yes, agree with you on continuing GUG. He is progressing very well. Each time I see him in class, I really see him improving. He may be wandering around at times, but he is observing and absorbing.


jennie,
i feel you shouldn't worry at this stage. as long as Jordan understood and show responses, he should be on the right track. Some kids can talk but they don't wish to talk.. hee.. prefer to observe

jenfaith said...

Thanks Phoebe and Sam ... sometimes he said something but only once or twice ... after that never hear again ... so not sure if it's I've heard wrongly or what.

For example, lately when they see cat, Desiree will shout "MEOW" and then Jordan will laugh. After a while, he said "MEOW" too but after I asked him to say "MEOW" again, he didn't.

Last time he said "Bah Bah" for Strawberry Shortcake and "Gah Gah" for Mickey Mouse. Very distinct. Now Strawberry becomes "Gah Gah" also sometimes.