Monday, 20 October 2008

20th Oct New books for Ryann but he is not interested

Brought new books for Ryann so that i can try to introduce reading to him again. Brought this 3 minute nursery rhyme book, the wheels on the bus book and a gigantic big book : The gingerbread man. Was hoping the big book will catch his attention but he wasn't very much interested in them. Will keep trying, hopefully will get his attention soon.

Today is a bad day for me. No words can describe how i feel about my work now. Drain up, tired, demoralized, not motivated, frustrated, unhappy are just not enough to describe me now.
I think i need a break but at this moment of time, i can't. I am lost and i hate to feel this way. I felt that i need directions. I need time, energy and motivation to continue moving on. Not the problem with the company in general but the problem with the people. Not that the work load is too heavy for me to handle but it is the mental stress that i am facing. I felt like i am carrying 100kg of load on my shoulders but yet none of my staff are sharing the load.
As a manager, not only i have to manage the business and operations, i have to be a counsellor to them. I felt that i care for them more then they care for themselves and thus i got more worried. Every day i felt like a mother hen trying to chase after my little chicks not to do this, must eat something, must take care of your health ...... Maybe i think too much. Maybe i should just let go and draw a line between staff and myself. It is going to be tough as they are all like my closest friends. I hope i do not need to be a mother hen anymore. If only they understand how much they mean to me and how important they are in my life. They are not just my staff, my colleagues but they are my friends.

2 comments:

Edison's Mum said...

Hi Phoebe,
I think you are overworked and stressed. Try to take a day off and spend it with precious Ryann.

I felt exactly like you too last week, I was so frustrated at work. I took a day off on Friday and I bought Edison for shopping at Orchard. Bought new clothes for him and I'm so happy. Instantly recharged & back to work as usual this week.

Take care and I hope you can take a short break to rest. :)

Rgds,
Emily

Phoebe Low said...

Thanks Emily! =p

Yup took a day off today to bring ryann out and to refurnish my house with some new stuff. Gg to clean up my house. I have got this habit. When i am not happy i will only do few things,clean up the house at the same time give the house a face lift or i will go cut my hair. Maybe i should do both =p