It had been 1 week since Mrs Koh left and till date I have yet to receive any updates from the school. Thus decided to pay them a visit today and send Ryann to school myself.
Ryann as usually was feeling so excited about school. Feel so glad to see him happily playing. Tried to speak to the new teachers there only to find out that it was the center manager who was doing relief there together with teacher Mary and another teacher Margaret who look more like my granny's age. There wouldn't be any permanent teacher until Aug.
Was quite disappointed with them that there wasn't any form of communication between the school and parents. At least we should be aware of what's going on? By August, all the disciplinary things that Mrs Koh taught would be all down the drain as kids enjoyed the relax month.
Personally, I stayed on to watch the way the center manager teaches the class. I wasn't impressed at all. But guess I can only try to hang on till Aug and speak to the new teacher again.
p/s: I saw le le offering Ryann a Lego block and Ryann shook his head to express himself. I am so glad. To some parents that might be just something very common and normal but to me, it meant a lot. At least I start to see him playing with other kids.
Hopefully he is enjoying himself in school.
By next year, I’ll most likely be changing his school to those with nursery so that he can continue all the way till kindergarten. Time to do some homework.
Wednesday, 8 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
3 comments:
Hi Phoebe,
I've shortlisted one kindy for Edison. The principal invited me to visit the center next week so that I can see for myself..
It's a small church kindergarten.. I was quite impressed after reading their website.. I'll definitely make a visit this month.. if all goes well, Edison will start Nursery in March next year...
I was thinking of changing too. But punggol kindergarten almost all are fully booked. Really need to do more research.
I like the idea of church kindergarten but PG hardly got any church kindergarten. =(
Phoebe, if you really like a kindergarten and it's full, place Ryann on wait list first. You never know ... may be able to get a slot. =)
Post a Comment